Marketing & Group Sales Manager
Lake Superior Art Glass Marketing & Group Sales Manager
Do you have an interest in art? Are you a creative and driven marketing or communications graduate? Do you have a strong background in photography and video? Would you like to work for a small, locally owned business? Lake Superior Art Glass is looking for a Marketing & Group Sales Manager.
Lake Superior Art Glass offers furnace and flame-work glass studios in addition to a glass art gallery. We have knowledgeable staff that are well trained in everything from the artists featured in the gallery to teaching in the glass studios. The gallery at Lake Superior Art Glass features glass artwork of all types made by over 60 artists from the Midwest and beyond. This includes stained, fused, flame-worked, furnace worked and more.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is creative, motivated, enthusiastic and has an interest in glass art. We are looking for an individual who can build relationships in the community and manage and grow our marketing plan and group sales. Spreading the word about our brand is your main objective. We want you to act on every opportunity to inform people about Lake Superior Art Glass!
- Collaborates with management to develop communication strategies and executes across an integrated marketing communications plan
- Help create and define marketing strategies that reach and engage the most customers possible, especially through social media
- Keep up to date with new marketing strategies and promotional outlets
- Acts as the face of LSAG, participating in news interviews and the like
- Develop and execute promotional events for our brick and mortar location
- Be budget conscious. Advertising can get costly pretty quick. You’ll be responsible for tracking costs and following a budget
- Manage all partnerships with marketing agencies and be the go-to resource for brand and marketing questions
- Conduct research and analyze competition. We need you to know the competition in order to best educate customers on our unique offerings
- Product and class photography and video - This is an area we are rapidly expanding into
- Handle the booking for Large Group Classes (as this becomes available again)
- Update and edit shopify website as needed
- Update Instagram and Facebook profile pictures, gallery hours, and gallery information on a regular basis
- Develop and execute promotions through social media outlets
- Create social media content schedule; publish content across all key platforms with sharp attention to detail daily. Execute Instagram and Facebook Stories / live content
- Design and write newsletters
- Help engage consumers and influencers throughout social media to drive favorable brand conversations and consumer relationships via diligent community management. Respond to questions and comments with speed and judgment, escalating issues as needed; identify trends in consumer comments and funnel information to the appropriate people
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field, or equivalent education and experience
- Outgoing and infectious personality who can generate product excitement in any environment
- Proficient in photography and videography
- Proficient in the Adobe Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and able to prioritize under pressure
- Positive attitude, with an appetite for personal and professional development
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and anticipate that there will be last-minute changes
- Team player mindset
- Ability to pinpoint problems and find creative solutions
- Social Media experience, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok
Pay based upon experience and includes PTO package, and up to 4% 401k match after 1 year.