The best thing to do in Duluth! Take glass blowing classes at Lake Superior Art Glass and learn a variety of glass blowing techniques. This unique experience will create memories and mementos that will last a lifetime!
All of our classes are designed for beginners and do not require prior experience with glass. Classes begin with highly detailed demonstrations and explanations of tools, safety, and history. Tap into the artist in you by blending colors and using clear glass to magnify your design while creating beautiful art. Glass cools slowly in a kiln overnight and is available for pick up the next morning or can be shipped right to your door (inquire for shipping price).
Intro Level Glassblowing Class
- Weekday (Monday - Thursday): $59 per person
- Weekend (Friday - Sunday): $69 per person
2 person minimum to run class.
Ages: See specific project below for age restrictions.
90 minutes. No prior experience necessary.
These flameworking classes are a fun and relaxing way to try this form of glassblowing! Learning beginner techniques from this course could "spark" your interest in a new hobby.Choose your project:
- Wine Goblet
Create one unique, custom wine goblet stem as you learn to manipulate hot glass. Then enjoy a glass of wine while Lake Superior Art Glass’ staff assembles your goblet (must be 21 years old to enjoy complimentary wine)! Upgrade this class to make a second goblet! Once you get the hang of it, you are going to want to make another!
Age minimum: 14 years old
- Pendant Necklace
Learn to blend colors and to use clear glass to magnify your design while creating a variety of pendants in this introductory class. Make up to 2 - 4 pendants per class, time permitting.
- Age minimum: 14 years old
- Icicle / Suncatcher
Learn how to make icicle ornaments/suncatchers through the manipulation of molten glass. Create around 5-8 icicles per class. Give them as a gift or add them to your own collection!
- Age minimum: 16 years old
Hot Shop Studio
Intro Level Furance Class
- Weekday (Monday - Thursday)
- $89 one person
- Each additional person $30
- Max of three participants
- Weekend (Friday - Sunday)
- $95 one person
- Each additional person $35
- Max of three participants
Ages: 10 and up
60 minutes. (3 person classes may take up to 90 min)
No prior experience necessary.
Learn to manipulate hot glass using traditional furnace glassblowing techniques. Our furnace stays at 2100 degrees 24 hours a day so we are always ready to teach someone something new.
Choose your project:
- Design your own glass paperweight and practice using specialized tools to shape and manipulate your color pattern to create a beautiful paperweight. Make up to two paperweights per class, time permitting.
- Pick your petal colors and get ready to have some fun pulling the glass to shape your flower. Choose a curly, bent or straight stem. Make up to four flowers per class, time permitting.
- Blown Ornaments - We are no longer offering this class until further notice.
Intro Level Kids Pendant Class
Pricing: $25 per pendant
*Minimum of 2 pendants to book class*
1 - 6 Students per class
Ages: 4 to 13
30 minutes. No prior experience necessary.
Our Kids Class is a great activity for the kiddos, anytime of year! Spark their creative fire with this safe, rewarding learning experience! (Plus, it's super fun!)
They get to choose their pendant shape and color and assist our instructors in the creation of the piece.
- Kids choose their pendant shape and color
- $25 per pendant
- Minimum of 2 pendants to book class
- 1 Guardian must be present for every 3 kids
- Due to space issues, no more than 2 adults are allowed in the studio during the Kids Class. Please do not bring strollers into the studio.
- All class participants will need to sign a waiver prior to entering the studio. For anyone under the age of 18, a parent or guardian will need to sign the waiver.
- All class projects cool slowly in a kiln overnight & are available for pick up the next business day
- Projects can be shipped to your home for an additional fee
- Please be prepared to stand for the full class length. Due to safety reasons, we are unable to allow for seated Flamework or Hot Shop classes
- Please bring a bottle of water or a beverage to stay hydrated during your class
- Dress in layers as our studio varies the temperature. Working in the studios can get warm
- Closed-toe shoes are required in the studios
- Discounts cannot be combined
- If you arrive more than 15 minutes after your class start time, your class will be forfeited and considered a no-show. See our rescheduling/cancellation policy.
- Please note that only those registered for Hotshop and/or Flameworking classes are allowed in the studios, no exceptions. This includes children that are not registered for the class. Children cannot wait unattended as our staff cannot commit to attending the store and the responsibility of watching a child.
- Lake Superior Art Glass is wheel chair accessible. Please let us know during your class sign up if the class participant will be using a wheel chair so that we can set up the Hot Shop properly.
We can reschedule your class for no cost if notified no less than 5 days before your scheduled class
Rescheduling within 5 days of the original scheduled class date will result in a $40 Rescheduling Fee.
- 50% non-refundable.
- Exceptions include:
- If we made the schedule change
- we or you can find a replacement
Click on the project below to book your class!
best possible class experience.