We have relocated to 357 Canal Park Drive!
The best thing to do in Duluth! Take glass blowing classes at Lake Superior Art Glass and learn a variety of glass blowing techniques. This unique experience will create memories and mementos that will last a lifetime!
All of our classes are designed for beginners and do not require prior experience with glass. Classes begin with highly detailed demonstrations and explanations of tools, safety, and history. Tap into the artist in you by blending colors and using clear glass to magnify your design while creating beautiful art. Glass cools slowly in a kiln overnight and is available for pick up the next morning or can be shipped right to your door (inquire for shipping price).
Intro Level Glassblowing Class
Pricing: $59 per person
2 person minimum to run class.
Ages: 16 and up
90 minutes. No prior experience necessary.
These flameworking classes are a fun and relaxing way to try this form of glassblowing! Learning beginner techniques from this course could "spark" your interest in a new hobby.Choose your project:
- Wine Goblet
Create one unique, custom wine goblet stem as you learn to manipulate hot glass. Then enjoy a glass of wine while Lake Superior Art Glass’ staff assembles your goblet (must be 21 years old to enjoy complimentary wine)! Upgrade this class to make a second goblet! Once you get the hang of it, you are going to want to make another!
- Pendant Necklace
Learn to blend colors and to use clear glass to magnify your design while creating a variety of pendants in this introductory class. Make up to 2 - 4 pendants per class, time permitting.
- Icicle / Suncatcher
Learn how to make icicle ornaments/suncatchers through the manipulation of molten glass. Create around 5-8 icicles per class. Give them as a gift or add them to your own collection!
Hot Shop Studio
Intro Level Furance Class
Pricing: $89 per class
1 admission/ticket covers up to 2 Students per class
Ages: 12 and up
60 minutes. No prior experience necessary.
Learn to manipulate hot glass using traditional furnace glassblowing techniques. Our furnace stays at 2100 degrees 24 hours a day so we are always ready to teach someone something new.
Choose your project:
- Design your own glass paperweight and practice using specialized tools to shape and manipulate your color pattern to create a beautiful paperweight. Make up to two paperweights per class, time permitting.
- Blown Ornaments
- Here's your chance to blow your own breath into a piece. Choose a color mix and inflate your own ornament in this popular Hot Shop class. Make up to four ornaments per class, time permitting.
- Pick your petal colors and get ready to have some fun pulling the glass to shape your flower. Choose a curly, bent or straight stem. Make up to four flowers per class, time permitting.
Intro Level Kids Pendant Class
Pricing: $40 per class
1 - 3 Students per class
Ages: 4 to 11
30 minutes. No prior experience necessary.
Our Kids Class is a great activity for the kiddos, anytime of year! Spark their creative fire with this safe, rewarding learning experience! (Plus, it's super fun!)
They get to choose their pendant shape and color and assist our instructors in the creation of the piece.
- Kids choose their pendant shape and color
- $40 covers up to 3 pendants (1/child)
- $10 for additional kids/pendants
- 1 Guardian must be present for every 3 kids
- Due to space issues, no more than 2 adults are allowed in the studio during the Kids Class. Please do not bring strollers into the studio.
- All class projects cool slowly in a kiln overnight & are available for pick up the next business day
- Projects can be shipped to your home for an additional fee
- Please be prepared to stand for the full class length. Due to safety reasons, we are unable to allow for seated Flamework or Hot Shop classes
- Please bring a bottle of water or a beverage to stay hydrated during your class
- Dress in layers as our studio varies the temperature. Working in the studios can get warm
- Closed-toe shoes are required in the studios
- Discounts cannot be combined
- Please note that only those registered for Hotshop and/or Flameworking classes are allowed in the studios, no exceptions.
- Lake Superior Art Glass is wheel chair accessible. Please let us know during your class sign up if the class participant will be using a wheel chair so that we can set up the Hot Shop properly.
- $40 rescheduling fee if canceled within 5 days of class.
- 50% non-refundable.
- Exceptions include:
- If we made the schedule change
- we or you can find a replacement
- Injury or uncontrollable acts of God
Click on the project below to book your class!
best possible class experience.