Glass is a fragile medium, by nature. Glass art requires a much higher level of care and protection than most fields; Lake Superior Art Glass has created and enforces certain policies to protect our students, customers, and the products we offer from harm.
COVID-19 Safety Policies
We are following the state and CDC’s recommended guidelines to help keep our employees and customers safe.
Please remember that most of these changes are temporary, but your health and safety will always be our #1 priority.
Precautionary Measures in the Gallery:
- All students, staff, and shoppers are required to use hand sanitizer upon entry.
- Exemplary cleaning and disinfecting practices will be performed by our staff.
- We are minimizing shared surfaces during transactions.
Precautionary Measures during classes:
- If within the last week you have been sick, had any new or recent symptoms related to COVID-19 you will be unable to participate in the class and we will reschedule the class for a later date or issue a full refund.
- We will also conduct a quick surface temperature check to ensure you are not running a fever. If you are running a high temperature, you will be unable to participate in the class and we will reschedule the class for a later date or issue a full refund.
- If you have been exposed within the past two week to COVID-19 you will be unable to participate in the class and we will reschedule the class for a later date or issue a full refund.
- Based on guidance from the CDC, the St. Louis County Health Department, and the declining number of COVID-19 cases in the region, we have made the decision to make masking optional during our classes. Effective immediately, Lake Superior Art Glass classes are mask optional and if you would like for our instructors to wear a mask during your class please let our staff know at check in.
- Due to the nature of our work, we are fortunate to have an advanced ventilation system that could help keep us safer from airborne hazards.
We ask that our customers wash/sanitize their hands before coming to the store, and — most importantly — stay at home if they are feeling sick.
Working with molten glass comes with inherent risks. As your safety is our number one priority, we try to minimize these risks whenever possible by putting into place policies and procedures. It is important that these policies are followed and respected by all Lake Superior Art Glass class participants, as serious injury may occur.
- All class participants will be required to sign a waiver prior to entering the studio. Participants under the age of 18 require a direct parent or legal guardian to sign their waiver in their place. Participants under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian on the premises during their class.
- For safety and efficiency, only those registered for the Hot Shop and/or Flamework Studio class in session will be allowed in the studios, with no exceptions. Children not registered for a class must be supervised at all times, outside of the studios. Only one class can take place in each studio at a time.
- Viewers not registered for the class in session may watch your class from the viewing areas outside each studio.
- When taking a class, participants will be standing for extended periods of time. For safety, we are unable to allow for seated Hot Shop or Flamework classes, with an exception for those who require a wheelchair or other mobility devices.
- Please note that our Hot Shop is best suited for wheelchair use.
- Keep in mind that glassworking, by nature, can get hot. We recommend bringing a water bottle or drink, and wearing loose-layered clothing that can easily be put on or taken off. We require all participants to wear closed-toed shoes during their class session.
- During the summer, our studios can become up to 10°F warmer than the outdoor ambient temperature.
- All class projects must cool slowly in our specialized kiln overnight to reduce risk of breakage. Projects will be available for pickup the next business day, by the following schedule. We will be more than happy to ship your project to you if you’re unable to pick it up in person. Ask gallery staff at check-in for current shipping rates. Projects will be kept in-studio for 30 days after the scheduled pick-up date, and may be forfeited if we are unable to contact you after this deadline.
- Flamework Studio: Projects will be available for pick-up at 10:30 the following business day.
- Hot Shop: Projects will be available for pick-up at 3:30 the following business day.
- Arrival, Rescheduling, and Cancellation policies:
- All class participants must arrive at least 15 minutes before their class start-time for check-in and preparation.
- If your party arrives more than 15 minutes after your scheduled class time, your class will be considered a no-show and your timeslot will be forfeited. Forfeited classes will not be eligible for a refund.
- You are welcome to reschedule your class with no fees so long as we are contacted 6 or more days to the event. Classes rescheduled within five days of the original scheduled class date will result in a $40 rescheduling fee.
- Cancellations made a minimum of 30 days before the scheduled class date will be eligible for a 100% refund. Cancellations made within 30 days of the scheduled class date will be eligible for a 50% refund.
- Exceptions to this policy are only allowed in the event of Lake Superior Art Glass making the schedule change.
Return and Refund Policies
Returns made within 30 days of purchase date are eligible for a full refund.
Returns made within 90 days of purchase date are eligible for store credit.
All returns must be accompanied by a receipt.
Sale items, (Seconds, Clearance, Discounted items, etc.) Custom orders, Unity pieces, and Memorial items are non-refundable.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. When applicable, your item must be in the original packaging. If your item arrives broken, please file a claim with the shipping carrier and forward your claim confirmation along with photos of the packaging and damaged item to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your return is received and inspected, you’ll receive an email notifying you of the status of your potential refund, exchange, or replacement.
If approved for a refund, your refund will be applied to your credit card or original method of payment within 30 days of approval. Store credit will be provided within 90 days of approval.
Exchanges and replacements will only be approved if items are defective or damaged.
If an item was purchased as a gift and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive store credit in the value of your item, after the item has been received by our staff. If the item was not marked as a gift at purchase, or the original purchaser had your item sent to themselves to be given to you at a later time, the original purchaser will receive the refund.
Ship broken, damaged, or returned items to Lake Superior Art Glass, ATTN: Returns, 357 Canal Park Dr, Duluth, MN 55802.
You will be responsible for any shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs will be non-refundable. Items broken before or during delivery may be eligible for shipping cost reimbursement at the discretion of Lake Superior Art Glass’s management.
If returning an item valued at over $50 via shipment, you must purchase shipping insurance and provide Lake Superior Art Glass with the tracking number and insurance information.
Purchase and Shipping Policies
Please note that many items available in our gallery are made-to–order by our Studio staff, and may take up to 10 days for shipment. For this same reason, changes and requests to items within an order may be possible, for an extra fee. Please contact us after purchase for more information.
All glass art is made by hand and may not strictly represent the product photo, with exception for ‘One-of-a–Kind’ items. This may include color, pattern, or size variations. While our artists do their best to keep a cohesive series, products in the same line will be entirely unique.
Calculating shipping for fragile glassware is a difficult science. If your purchase has been overcharged for shipping, we will refund the difference as soon as possible. If you have questions about this process or policy, please contact us after purchase.
Questions, comments, or concerns about any of these policies should be directed to GeneralManager@LakeSuperiorArtGlass.com