National Marble Day Scavenger Hunt
National Marble Day Scavenger Hunt
- July 23, 2020 -
WHAT: A scavenger hunt around Canal Park and the Lake Walk in Duluth, MN. Clues will be announced throughout the day on our website and social media. 10 marbles will be hidden. If you find a marble and you post a photo of the marble and where you found it on Facebook or Instagram, you will be entered into a drawing to win a FREE FLAMEWORK CLASS.
WHY: Dan, the owner of Lake Superior Art Glass, specializes in beautiful collectible marbles. Scavenger hunts on National Marble Day have been a tradition around the country. We wanted to share in this fun and celebrate marbles here in our hometown of Duluth, MN!
WHEN: The scavenger hunt will take place on July 23, 2020. Clues will be released throughout the day. One clue will be released on social media and on our website every 30 min, starting at 8am and ending at 6pm. Clues will include a riddle and a photo.
HOW: How do you participate? Just follow us and start looking for marbles on July 23!
Happy National Marble Day and welcome to the hunt!
- Everything will be accessible, do not damage any property or landscaping looking for the marbles.
- Do NOT trespass! Everything will be on public property!
- Lake Superior Art Glass is NOT liable for any damages done upon yourself, other persons, or property during the hunt. You are responsible for yourself!
- Be safe. Be nice. Social Distance.
- PLEASE let us know if you found one right away so that others are not still looking.
- To notify us, tag us in a social media post or message us via Facebook, Instagram, or Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and you will be entered into a drawing to win a free Flamework Class! Include your name and email in your notification.
-Clues will be released every 45 min.
-14 mesmerizing marbles total.
- We will announce when each marble has been found, so keep searching!
I can be found near this Bicentennial project, installed later than 1975, for the children of Duluth.
THIS MARBLE HAS BEEN FOUND! - Next clue released at 8:45am
I can be found in this beautiful place that was first planted by F. Rodney Paine. The smell is heavenly, but don't get too wet trying to find me.
THIS MARBLE HAS BEEN FOUND! - Next clue released at 9:30am
I am located where multiple cultures converge in one place: Sumi-Shi, Japan; Petrozavodsk, Russia; Thunder Bay, Canada; and Växjö, Sweden. Come explore the different sculptures and artwork that represent these four cities and find me near the symbol that bridges us all.
THIS MARBLE HAS BEEN FOUND! - Next clue released at 10:15am
To find me, access this old gas station turned favorite stop for a cool treat, from the bottom up.
THIS MARBLE HAS BEEN FOUND! - Next clue released at 11:00am
I can be found in the area where the mythical god of freshwater used to stand guard at this entry point.
THIS MARBLE HAS BEEN FOUND! - Next clue released at 11:45am
Fallen heroes are remembered at this iconic building overlooking Lake Superior. Do you hear music?
THIS MARBLE HAS BEEN FOUND! - Next clue released at 12:30pm
Find me where this Texas artist's interpretation of the history of Lake Superior’s westernmost point.
THIS MARBLE HAS BEEN FOUND! - Next clue released at 1:15pm
Find me near the big boy named after the fourth president of US Steel.
THIS MARBLE HAS BEEN FOUND! - Next clue released at 2:00pm
.This spot has had many identities. Depot, Offices, Restaurant, Inn…. I am located by the many steps leading up, up, up!
(remember not to go onto private property!)