8 Fun Things to do in Duluth
Are you visiting Duluth?
Do you know how to have the best time while you're here?
If not, we can change that! We've compiled a list of activities for you to do in Duluth to ensure that you love your experience! Whether you're in town for a hockey tournament, visiting friends/family or just to see the big lake, these activities will make your time here unforgettable!
1. Take a glassblowing class
There's no better way to remember Duluth than to bring a piece of it home with you. In our classes, we teach you how to create glass art which you can take the next day! Our classes range from icicle ornaments, to pendant necklaces, to paperweights and more. The best part is, they are all designed to be taken by those without any prior experience! Whether you're with your family, your team or all alone we've got a class that will work for you.
- Wine Goblet
- Pendant Necklaces
- Icicles / Suncatchers
Hot Shop Classes:
- Blown Ornaments
Kids Pendant Class:
- Ages 4 - 11
- Choose pendant shape and color
Visit our classes page to find out more!
2. Explore the North Shore
- Let the experts show you around. Day Tripper of Duluth and The Duluth Experience are both great ways to get the lay of the land. Their unique activities include kayak tours, bike rides, brewery tours & more! These tours are a fun way to explore the best parts of Duluth whether you want to paddle, pedal, eat or learn. They've got plenty of tours that are suitable for any kind of weather, so you've got nothing to worry about!
3. Watch a play
- The Historic NorShor Theatre recently reopened after being renovated, and it's better than ever! The reopening was truly a historic moment and we couldn't be happier to see the liveliness that this has brought back to the HArT district! This theatre was an opera house in the 1930's, so this building is a piece history that we hope is a part of Duluth forever. If you haven't checked it out yet, make sure you do!
4. Take a boat ride
- Canal Park has plenty of options if you are itching to get out on the water. Vista Fleet has sightseeing and dinner cruises daily! For a luxurious ride out onto the big lake, a Vista Fleet cruise is the way to go. If you are looking to land some lake trout while seeing the incredible views, I'd Rather Be Fishing provides a fun charter fishing experience.
5. Visit the historic Glensheen mansion
- Visit the 12-acre estate featuring gardens, bridges, and the famous 39-room mansion built with remarkable 20th century craftsmanship. The estate is a beautiful living history lesson, from the original furniture and portraits of previous inhabitants to the immaculate grounds and gardens.
6. Canal Park
- After (or before) you take your glassblowing class at Lake Superior Art Glass, spend the day hanging out in Canal Park. Seeing the freighters come in through the Lift Bridge is a very memorable experience. Canal Park has many unique eateries and gift shops to check out as well!
7. Lincoln Park Craft District
- Lincoln Park is a newly developed area in Duluth, and it is so much fun! With three breweries, two cideries, an arcade and lots of great places to eat, like OMC Smokehouse, Lincoln Park deserves to make the itinerary. Take a class at the Duluth Folk School if your feeling crafty.
8. Get a drink
- Duluth is the place to be for a craft beverage experience! With the freshest water on the planet available, Duluth is becoming a craft beer empire. With over 8 breweries to choose from including Minnesota's oldest brewpub: Fitger's Brewhouse.
Duluth is an amazing city with plenty of opportunities for fun. Make sure you do it right when you visit here!