Update: May 15, 2020
We are so excited to see all of your smiling faces!
To our beloved customers,
With great excitement, it is our pleasure to announce that our business has been allowed to re-open. We will be opening our business on Monday, May 18, 2020 at 10am.
We will be resuming modified classes on Wednesday, May 20, 2020.
We will also be following the CDC’s recommended guidelines to keep our employees and customers safe.
- We have been taking this time to deep clean and sanitize our store and equipment.
- All customers, students, and staff are required to have a face mask.
- Workers will sanitize and disinfect shared devices frequently.
- Workers will sanitize artwork frequently.
- Workers and customers must practice safe social distancing
- We will not be offering the Blown Ornament class or any classes that involve blowing into the piece until further notice.
- Normally, we encourage guests to interact with our artwork, but for the time being, we ask that you look with your eyes only.
- A max of 10 customers will be allowed in the store at one time.
- All classes will be private to your own group. (Max of 6 people in the Flamework Studio and 3 people in the Hot Shop.)
- Hand sanitizers are readily available at all stations.
- Due to the nature of our work, we are fortunate to have an advanced ventilation system that could help keep us safer from airborne hazards.
We are carefully monitoring the situation. The most important thing is to make sure we conduct business in a safe environment.
If you have specific questions not addressed here or on our website, reach out to us.
We look forward to seeing you!
Update: May 14, 2020
With great excitement, it is our pleasure to announce that our business has been allowed to re-open under strict, safety precautions. We will be opening Lake Superior Art Glass on Monday, May 18, 2020 at 10 am.
We are taking this time to finalize our safety plan for our staff and our customers. We will be following state and CDC recommended guidelines to keep our employees and customers safe including requiring face masks of all customers.
Private (no multi-group) Flameworking and Hot Shop classes will be available starting Wednesday, May 20, 2020. New class precautionary measures will be announced next week. Masks will be required for all students wanting to participate in any of our class options.
Class sign-ups are open on our website:
Thank you for your continuous support throughout all of this and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Dear Lake Superior Art Glass Friends and Family,
As you are aware, there are several confirmed cases of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the State of Minnesota. Lake Superior Art Glass is taking precautions as the safety and health of our students, staff, artists, and visitors is a top priority.
As of 3:30pm on Tuesday, March 17, 2020 Lake Superior Art Glass gallery and studio will be closed until the Minnesota Governor deems it safe for non-essential retail to open. We will be fulfilling online orders and our social media feeds will remain active.
This decision was not made lightly and will affect our staff, but we are doing as much as we can to guide our staff and customers through this difficult time.
Please remember to help support small businesses while you are at home by buying gift certificates, shopping online, and watching our social media feeds. All of your support is truly appreciated and will help us get our staff back in here as soon as it is safe.
Our phone lines and all points of communication will remain open if you have questions or orders, and all classes will be rescheduled without any fees. If you have an upcoming class on the schedule, you will be contacted directly by our management team.
Stay safe out there. Remember that we are all in this together. <3
Prevent the spread of misinformation by learning more about the CDC's recommendations HERE.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support as we navigate this rapidly evolving situation relating to the spread of COVID-19.