Unleash your inner artist! Learn something new, and have a great time doing it! Take glass blowing classes at Lake Superior Art Glass to learn a variety of glass blowing techniques and create mementos that will last a lifetime. All classes require a minimum of two students.
To register for one of our classes, click on the drop down under our Classes tab labeled "Shop Classes", click on the class you would like to take, select a date that works with your schedule and follow the purchasing steps. Or you can pay over the phone with credit card information.
Types of Classes
Introduction to Torchworking Classes
After highly detailed demonstrations and explanations of tools, safety, and history, tap into the artist in you and use a torch and special glass to create your own small projects such as pendants, icicles and marbles.
- One Day Weekend Class: Saturdays from 10am-5pm is available for $180 (check calendar below for class times).
- Wednesday Night Class: 6pm – 9pm is available for $99 (check calendar below for class times).
- Private Class: Three or six-hour options can be arranged for $150 or $300. Please call to schedule.
- Two Day Weekend Class: A Saturday and Sunday, each six-hour days, class can be arranged for $320 per person. These are not typically offered, so please call ahead with a group of 2-6 if interested in scheduling.
New Wine Goblet Class!
This class is a fun and relaxing way to try torchwork glassblowing! You will create a unique, custom wine goblet stem as you learn to manipulate hot glass. Then, enjoy a glass of wine while Lake Superior Art Glass’ staff assembles your goblet (must be 21 years old to enjoy complimentary wine)!
- Two Hour Night Class: Occurs at 6pm – 8pm on Wednesdays or Saturdays and is available for $59 (check calendar below for class times).
- Must be 16 or older to take any glass class.
- Must reserve spot ahead of time.
- Must accept that 50% of the cost of your class is non-refundable.
- Must pay $40 rescheduling fee if you cancel within 5 days of class date.
- Rescheduling fee will be reconsidered if:
- LSAG needs to reschedule the class for some reason
- We or you can find someone to take your place in the class
- In cases of serious illness or injury
FULL CLASS DISCOUNT:
- All participants of a full (6 students) class receive a gift certificate equal to 20% of the cost of the class!
- This is available whether you sign up just yourself or with friends. As long as the class is full, everyone gets a discount. Tell your friends and family and get signed up.
- 20% will be taken off the cost of the class at the time of class ONLY after all 6 students arrive. If 6 students sign up but do not all SHOW up, discount will not be applied.
- Cannot be combined with any other discounts.
- Not valid on Groupon purchases.
- Present a valid student ID to receive a 20% discount off the cost of a class.
- Cannot be combined with full class discount.
If you have taken a few classes from us or are a more experienced glass artist, studio rental and open torch nights are also available.
- Open torch night is held every Tuesday evening from 6-9pm. Cost is $36 per session.
Studio time may be rented during LSAG open hours (not during classes):
- Hourly: $15
- Daily (10 hrs max): $75
- Weekly (6 days): $200
- Monthly: $400
Please refer to our class calendar below for a complete schedule of classes and events.
For more information, please contact the gallery via email or telephone call.